Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coffee Table quilt?


I was sorting through some gifted scraps from a friend.  I came across a partial strip and some geese in progress.  I am assuming these didn't make it into a beautiful heirloom keepsake at her house.
Well, not enough for a top but more then a table runner.

What's a gal to do?

Compromise.  I nice size for the top of the living room coffee table.  Maybe someday this will get a little bit of applique, maybe not- we will just have to wait and see.

I do claim two points for cleaning off the table to lay out the top!!
Needs to spend time with the iron and get trimmed up to quilt.  If one of the grand daughters call 'dibs' for a doll quilt, we may have a fight on our hands.  This may have to be added to my 'collection'--lol
G-pa and boys at Bikes and Blues in Fayettville.
Can't run to AR and not go out to the lake for a bit.  Short trip but wonderful time together.

We didn't get to take the boat out but we did get to see a few fish.


Unkel Tom's fish pond.  Made out the parts from an old satellite dish.  

The gazebo is fenced to keep Critters from dinning on the gold fish.