Saturday, March 22, 2014

Shelby's grad quilt pt 2

So last night hubby and I watched a movie and I die cut the diamonds for Shelby grad quilt.  The inspiration piece had a more random layout but b/c I am leaning towards scrappy, I am going to do an alternate placement.


The star blade will be orange and greys and radiate out from an orange center

totally from stash, proud to say- I was busting it!

Showing off the rest of the 'collection'  lol  Dark grey for the background, the grey strip for accent

I love the way this will come together.  Can't wait to get sewing.

I did the siggy area as strips so I can splice them into an inner border-  I meant to write-- "Shelby's grad. quilt from Auntie cheryl"  This piece isn't going to make it in the top--lolOh well, better to be an example then nothing at all-  right?

This is going to be a cute keepsake!  Love it when the recipients help with the planning.